Frequently Asked Questions
How does the MRI / Diagnostic Imaging Referral work?
If you are seeking an MRI, X-Ray, CT scan, or Ultrasound referral, please check out the details here: MRI / Diagnostic Imaging Referral and a tutorial video here: MRI /Diagnostic Imaging Referral Video Tutorial
Here is a breakdown of the process:
- Register as a new patient at CirrusMED.com
- Verify your account via email
- Complete your Bio and Medical History
- Choose a Doctor
- Choose "MRI / Diagnostic Imaging Referral" under 'Available Services'
- Do NOT choose one of the recurring membership options (Monthly, 3-Month, or Annual memberships)
- Do NOT choose a 1-week membership ("one-time consult")
- Complete the Imaging Referral Intake Forms
- NOTE: If you would like more than one MRI / X-Ray, click on "Additional Imaging Request" for each requested test. When complete, click on 'Continue'.
- NOTE: Please have in mind your preferred imaging center prior to signing up. Have the imaging center's contact info, including email or fax # is very helpful and will make the process go more smoothly.
- Pay for the service via credit card
- Your doctor will be notified about the new referral request and coordinate sending the referral. You may be asked to clarify clinical information and/or set up a consultation depending on your case.
- Once the referral has been sent, you will need to schedule your appointment directly with the imaging center.
- Upon completion of the test and receipt of the radiologist's report, it will be shared on the website under your medical files.
- You will be notified when the results have been uploaded to your file with a dispostion.
I just need a one need a one-time consultation for a prescription. How does that work?
If you are seeking a one-time consultation for a prescription, complete the following steps:
- Register at CirrusMED.com
- Verify your registration via email
- Complete your Bio and Medical History
- Choose a doctor
- Purchase a "1 week membership" under Memberships
- Book an appointment via your doctor's availability calendar. If you need an expedited consultation or prescription, please message your doctor directly from your patient dashboard. You doctor will be notified and most likely respond sooner than the next available appointment.
Please make your physician aware of your preferred pharmacy. Also check goodrx.com for some local pricing since there can be a large variation in medication costs from pharmacy to pharmacy. Typically warehouse pharmacies like Costco and Sam's Club offer the least expensive prescriptions. Sometime grocery stores are competitively priced. Often large retail pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS are the most expensive when paying cash for prescriptions.
Note, most erectile dysfunction ("ED") medications are NOT covered by insurance. So please research pricing online prior to making a request from your online physician.
Why would one entrust an online doctor to manage their primary care?
You will only be assigned an English speaking, U.S. board certified physician, specializing in one of the primary care fields (Internal Medicine, Med/Peds, or Family Medicine).
Your Cirrus Medical Network doctor will limit their practice to no more than 400 patients so you can be rest assured you are not just another number. Rather, you will develop a rapport right from the start with an initial "get to know you" virtual visit (by phone, email, or video).
More than 90% of conditions seen by a primary care physician in the office can be managed online.
We eliminate the "middle man" aka health insurance, so your care is managed by your doctor and NOT your insurance company.
It is truly a "win-win" for both doctor and patient!
What about just picking my PCP from the list provided by my insurance? or go with word-of-mouth?
However, is he available 24/7? Is he booked out for weeks? Is it hard to see him for simple sick visit like a sinus infection or bronchitis? Do you have a hard time finding time away from work to deal with scheduling an appointment, waiting in the waiting room with other ill patients, filling out new medical history and demographic information?
All of these hassle factors are minimized by using your Cirrus Medical Network physician for your primary care needs.
What imaging studies (MRI, CT scans, ultrasounds, x-rays) will we NOT order?
MRI's of the abdomen are under most circumstances NOT the best test to evaluated abdominal conditions (exceptions being the liver/bile system and pancreas).
What about prescriptions?
What if there is a condition that might need me to be seen in person?
Also, note that for 3 month and annual plans you will receive a "Welcome Package" which includes a blood pressure cuff, pulse oximeter, and a digital thermometer. With these tools your CirrusMED physician can obtain even more information virtually to make an informed decision and may eliminate the need to be seen in person.
What about chronic medical problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol?
Routine labs can be ordered and obtained by your laboratory of choice
What about consultations, labs and x-rays?
How secure is my personal health information?
What if I need to see a specialist?
Can I be reimbursed through my Health Savings Account (HSA), Flex Spending Account (FSA), section 125, etc. for the membership fee?
Do you treat hormonal imbalance?
What prescriptions will we NOT write?
Cirrus Medical Network doctors WILL NOT prescribe the following controlled medications:
-ANXIETY MEDICATIONS: XANAX (alprazolam), ATIVAN (lorazepam), VALIUM (diazepam), KLONIPIN (clonazepam)
-PAIN MEDICATIONS: NORCO / VICODIN/LORTAB (hydrocodone), PERCOCET (oxycodone), morphine, suboxone, dilaudid, tramadol, butrans, buprenorphine, fentanyl
-DIET MEDICATIONS: PHENTERMINE, PHENDRIMETRAZINE, QSYMIA, BELVIQ
-SLEEP MEDICATIONS: AMBIEN (zolpidem), LUNESTA, SONATA, BELSOMRA
-ADD/ADHD MEDICATIONS: ADDERRAL, RITALINE, CONCERTA, amphetamine, dexedrine
*Here is a comprehensive list of controlled medications => http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/orangebook/c_cs_alpha.pdf